Well it’s been another year since I updated the news here… Hard to believe how fast the time goes by when you’re having fun…
If you’re on Face Book, please look me up there as David Carl Peters, join my friends list and you can keep an eye on what I’m working on from day to day.
I’ve been busy cranking out new pieces for my upcoming book, “Our Need for Speed!” Hopefully, that will start coming together soon as I writing it as we speak… I’m happy to announce that longtime reporter, writer, and editor extraordinaire, Phil Elliott has agreed to write the forward to my book. I can’t wait to read his contribution to my project.
I’m very excited to see how well the ‘Nostalgia” craze has taken off. At the 50th Winter-Nationals they had the “Golden Coral” which was a display of historic cars, including the “Original” Revell Model’s Stone ‘Woods and Cook car. As I reached in the window and grabbing the steering wheel, it felt like I was shaking hands with Elvis…I’m so glad these old time Drag racing heroes are getting the attention they so rightly deserve. Also if you missed the ‘March Meet” at Bakersfield this year, you missed a real treat. There was a full field of nostalgia Funny Cars, and it was like going back to the early 70s, it was incredible! Also my Congratulations to my buddy Adam Sorokin, who like his Father, won Top Fuel. Right-on Adam!
Speaking of Old Timers, this last year I had the chance to get to know “Mr. Norm” and Gary Dyer of “Grand Spaulding Dodge” fame. I painted 4 new pieces for Mr. Norm of his most classic cars, the 65 Blue Dodge, the 66 Charger, the 70 Red Charger, and the 72 Challenger. These prints are available in two different sizes, 13x19 and their full size up to 13x38”.You can get one of these prints signed by Mr. Norm at his website (www.MrNorms.com).
Also, I had the chance to do a piece in honor of Dover Drag Strip, for their website (www.DoverDragStrip.com) featuring “Bill Flynn vs. Dick Landy” in a 3 out of 5 Match race from 1965. This one of my most detailed pieces, and it will be featured in the next issue of “Drag Racer” magazine.
Here is list of new prints..
1.“The Legend of Mr. Norm; The Blue 65 Dodge”A/P prints come complete with a recorded soundtrack of the match race pictured, between Norm and the Ramchargers dart.
2. “The Legend of Mr. Norm; The Red 70 Charger”
3. “The Legend of Mr. Norm; The 72 Challenger
4. “Bad Bug” The “Empi Inch Pincher” Volkswagen.
5. “Grape & Cherry” Dave Koffel vs. Mel Perry at the 66 “Super Stock Magazine” Nationals.
6. “Schartman’s Cyclone” Ed Schartman’s 66 Blue and Yellow Comet.
7. “Circus Blues.”Berry Setzer vs. Jungle Jim all in blue.
8. “Jungle on the farm!”Jungle’s 69 Nova with the chute out at Columbus.
9. “Fairground Funnies!”1977 WinterNats shot featuring Ed McCulloch’s Magenta“Revellution” vs. Ron Colson in the “Hawaiian” Monza.
10. “Duel in Odessa!” Kelly Chadwick’s Nova vs. the” Headhunter” Charger.